Good Afternoon Phoenix Family! Ipad return will begin next week. The schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday(5/26): Seniors are from 10-12:00 p.m., Juniors are from 1-3:00 p.m. Between 3-6:00 p.m. any student may return iPads.
- Wednesday(5/27): Sophomores are from 10-12:00 p.m., Freshman are from 1-3:00 p.m. Between 3-6:00 p.m. any student may return iPads.
- Thursday(5/28): Any student may return their iPads between 10-2:00 p.m.
If for some reason you are unable to return your Ipad during the above times, please call the school at 706-602-0320, and leave a voicemail. Someone will be in contact with you to schedule a time.
Also, please bring any uniforms, library books or any other school related items you need to return. Thank you! And GO Phoenix!
Good Afternoon Seniors! Reminder: Tomorrow, 5/21 @ 7:00 p.m., our senior drive-by parade will begin. Each senior is invited, but limited to one vehicle per family. This is a time for you to drive-by and wave goodbye to the Phoenix family. You and your family MUST remain in your vehicle while on the SHS campus. The parade will begin on Phoenix Way (football stadium entrance) and continue down, around and end in front of Building 4. Here you will pick up your final transcript and any cords, awards or recognitions you may have received.
Good Afternoon Seniors!! To celebrate YOUR ORIGINAL GRADUATION DATE, we will be hosting a drive-by parade, at SHS, for all Seniors. Seniors, please join us on Thursday, 5/21 @ 7:00 p.m. We ask that all Seniors start the parade by entering the campus on Phoenix Way (the football stadium entrance). Teachers and Staff will be here to celebrate you and all that you have accomplished. The parade will end at the front of building 4, were you will receive a packet. Your packet will include your final transcript and any awards or cords you may have won. THIS IS FOR YOU & YOUR FAMILY. YOU MAY NOT EXIT YOUR VEHICLE WHILE ON THE SHS CAMPUS. Please plan to attend and enjoy our well wishes as you drive by.
Good Afternoon! Below is information regarding seniors.
- Now that save the dates for prom and graduation have been announced, time and additional information will be sent out soon.
- The price for Prom will remain at the March cost of $60.00/each. Students who have not paid and wish to attend, will pay at the door only.
- Senior Packages: Students who still owe on their senior package will receive a phone call next week, with the amount owed and how to pay.
- Cap and Gown delivery will be this Friday, May 8th, from 12:00-3:00 p.m. Students should have received a postcard from Jostens detailing pick-up and payment.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding transcripts, scholarships, etc. please email Stephanie Caudell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Amanda Farmer (email@example.com).
Good afternoon Phoenix Nation! During this uncharted time, we are all finding ways to honor our Seniors. Below are several ways we are honoring our Seniors at SHS. Parents and Guardians of Seniors, you will also be receiving an email with a parent survey regarding end of the year ceremonies.
1. Beginning this Friday, and every Friday for the rest of the school year, we will turn on our stadium lights at 8:20 pm for 20 minutes to show our appreciation to our 2020 Seniors. Please drive by, enjoy it and honk if you love our Seniors!
2. We have also set up a Senior Tribute on our web page. You may access it by clicking on the following link. http://www.gcbe.org/SHSClass2020
We need your help with the following information:
Baby Pictures- we would like the seniors to send a baby picture to be displayed, we would also like to invite them to create a remake of that baby picture if they want to. They can send those to Hannah Roddy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Words of Wisdom- we would like the seniors to leave some words of wisdom to the underclassmen and it will include their official senior picture if it is on file. Send these to Erin Richardson at email@example.com
Senior Shoutouts- we would like to invite people from the school, home, and the community to send shoutouts to our seniors. These can be sent to Jackie Palazzolo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Memorable Moments- we would like the seniors to send us pictures of their favorite moment in their senior year. These can be sent to Carmelita Everett at email@example.com
3. We are also planning for the senior class to have a dress up week to celebrate them May 4th -May 8th. The pictures for the dress up week will need to be sent to Amal Yacoub at firstname.lastname@example.org. The dress up days are as follows:
Monday: From the Red carpet- dress up as your favorite celebrity/entertainer
Tuesday: When I grow up…- dress as your career choice after high school
Wednesday: Senior Glamour shots- seniors can choose an 80’s glamour shot to imitate or dress fancy and create their own
Thursday: Seniors at play- dress as your favorite hobby or past time
Friday: Always a Phoenix- Dress in Red and black, seniors will have the option to create their own senior t-shirt and present it
Helpful Information during Online Learning:
- If students need any counseling department services, please visit our website and fill out the attached referral form. A counselor will be in touch with you. https://www.gcbe.org/Page/10034
- Students who will be enrolling for the first time in Dual Enrollment, next semester, need to fill out the online application for GNTC. Please visit the listed link for a list of instructions. https://www.gcbe.org/Page/3073
- GNTC campuses will be closed for the remainder of the week. However, instruction will continue. All dual enrollment students are expected to continue with their assignments and meet all deadlines. Students are expected to contact their professor, using their GNTC email, for any additional instructions.
- Seniors, please visit our Scholarships page on our school website for a list of local scholarships to apply for. https://www.gcbe.org/Page/3075
- Josten's cap and gown delivery scheduled for March 20, 2020 has been canceled and will be rescheduled for May 8, 2020.
- Teachers are reaching out to their advisement groups to assess needs during the break. They will also be checking on students in their classes.