SHS will begin online virtual learning on Monday, October 19th. Students will be expected to log into Schoology on student iPads or home computers each day. Please plan to log into a Microsoft Teams class meeting or view a video recordings in Schoology and access lessons. Teachers will provide instructions, feedback and support.
Below are the scheduled times for each block for students are asked to sign into Schoology for class period, each day next week.
Monday-Thursday 10/19 - 10/22
1st Block - 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
2nd Block - 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM
3rd Block - 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
4th Block - 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Students complete any assignments and ensure all assignments are submitted.
SHS STUDENTS: Don’t forget that you can pick up a FREE BREAKFAST & HOT LUNCH daily while Digital learning!!! PICK up time is 10:30am- 12:15pm in the bus loop of your High school!STARTING TODAY: Students L-Z who will be digital learning next week can PRE-ORDER 5 day meals (breakfasts/lunches) that can be PICKED UP on Friday!!!! Scan the QR code to pre-order!!! Pre-order ends Wednesday at 5pm!!!
Sonoraville High School Cafeteria Meal Service during Virtual Learning and Hybrid Learning:
• For the week of 10/19 through 10/23 Breakfast and Hot Lunch Meals will be provided for GCHS and SHS Students free of charge available in the Bus Loop for pick up from 10:30am to 12:15pm, Monday thru Friday. Students are encouraged to come to their respective high schools, but if there is another school closer- they are able to go pick up from that location as well.
• For the week of 10/26-11/30 when students return to campus for Hybrid learning models at half capacity, the students are highly encouraged to eat in their cafeterias where Breakfast and Lunch are provided Free of charge. For the students who will be on opposite schedules and doing distance learning only for the first week 10/26-10/30 those students are encouraged to pick up a Free breakfast and Hot lunch from their High school or a close by school.
• ***Each Friday during the Hybrid model of learning, students on campus will be given bags to bring home meals for their 5 days of distance learning. The bags will include 5 full breakfast meals and 5 full lunch meals with heating instructions, similar to what was done during COVID feedings in March. The bags that students will bring home will be completely FREE of charge, students are highly encouraged to take bags home with them!!
Special note: All of our kitchen managers and staff members follow ServSafe guidelines and local health code regulations to provide the safest, most nutritious meals possible to your students.
During this change in the instructional delivery model, all high school students will continue to receive instruction from their assigned classroom teachers utilizing Schoology but will only attend school in-person every other week, based upon the student’s last name. Having only half of the students in class at one time will allow for additional distancing among students within the classroom. Faculty and staff will work to prepare for this transition on Friday, October 16, and school will be closed to students. From Monday, October 19 through Friday, October 23, all high school students will have one week of online learning through Schoology. This will allow adequate time for facilities to receive extra disinfecting and sanitation and for teachers to plan for hybrid instruction.
Beginning Monday, October 26, students whose last names begin with the letters A-K will attend school for in-person instruction for one week, and students whose last names begin with the letters L-Z will complete lessons online through Schoology. The week of Monday, November 2, students whose last names begin with the letters L-Z will attend school in person, and those with last names beginning with A-K will complete lessons online. This pattern will continue until Thanksgiving break visit https://www.gcbe.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=10705 for complete schedule.
SHS Phoenix Masks may be purchased at the Building 4 Student Services Desk for $5.00.
- Senior Yearbook ads are available for purchase now- AD SPACE IS LIMITED. In order to guarantee your ad, complete an ad form and submit payment to Mrs. Rigdon by January 2021. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. Ads may also be designed online. Great option and highly recommended for parents who are wanting to design their own ad. Visit: www.jostens.com
- The 2021 yearbook is currently on sale. The price increases on Oct. 30. To purchase with a credit card, please visit jostens.com and click the "buy my yearbook" link. For information on paying with a check, please email Carrie Rigdon at email@example.com.
SHS ANOUNCEMENTS & ADVISEMENT INFORMATION
** Please visit our website for all announcements, as well as advisement information for each grade level. Please click on the links listed below for more information:
- Announcements: https://www.gcbe.org/SHS
- Advisement Info: https://www.gcbe.org/SHSAdvisement
- Masks are expected in commons areas.
- All should self monitor and stay home if they, or anyone in their family, have any COVID-19 symptoms. You may visit the GCBE website for more information. https://www.gcbe.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=10266
- Students may log onto Schoology, if home, and complete their school work.
- Please email Brittany Henson, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you or anyone in your family, have symptoms or have been tested. Mrs. Henson will assist you with school advice and when you may return to school.
- Reminder: we cannot accept deliveries of any kind- including food.
Thank you for your understanding and helping keep SHS healthy.
It is time for your student to register for his or her classes for the 2020-2021 school year.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support,
Sonoraville High School Administration & Counseling Department