Welcome to Gordon County Schools
Gordon County Schools is a unified school system with strong community partnerships committed to the growth of all students, individual empowerment, and the transformation of public education resulting in graduates ready for college, career, and life.
Our Daily Mission
Our mission is to build a collaborative culture that engages all students and staff in learning experiences leading to growth, empowerment, and transformation.
Our Collective Commitments
· We are committed to providing a quality education to all students as individuals recognizing students learn in multiple ways and define success differently.
· We are committed to providing a safe, nurturing, and well-maintained learning environment.
· We are committed to hiring, developing, and supporting high quality, effective staff.
· We are committed to increased student success through continuous collaboration of faculty, staff, students, parents, and our community and by leveraging the expertise and talents of our staff.
· We are committed to effective, ongoing internal and external communication to build positive relationships with all stakeholders and address individual student progress.
GCS Strategic Goals 2021-2026
Goal Area I: Learning and Growth for All
Strategy 1: Increase success by addressing specific achievement gaps
Strategy 2: Increase teacher and leader effectiveness
Strategy 3: Implement systematic student advisement
Goal Area II: Quality Classroom Instruction and Experience
Strategy 1: Strengthen and align resources for teaching and learning
Strategy 2: Expand integration of technology
Strategy 3: Implement the PLC process system wide
Goal Area III: Family and Community Engagement
Strategy 1: Improve outgoing communication
Strategy 2: Expand opportunities for students, parents, and community partners
Strategy 3: Strengthen intergovernmental collaboration
Goal Area IV: Operational Excellence and Efficiency
Strategy 1: Operate a continual cycle of improvement for buildings and grounds
Strategy 2: Maintain safe, clean learning environments that meet state/system standards
Strategy 3: Increase efficiency and effectiveness of transportation services
Goal Area V: Fiscal Stability and Integrity
Strategy 1: Sustain excellent financial stewardship
Strategy 2: Maintain a healthy fund balance
Strategy 3: Uphold best practices for financial operation of the system
REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
MONDAY: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
TUESDAY: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
WEDNESDAY: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
THURSDAY: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
FRIDAY: 8 A.M. - 5 P.M.
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS
MONDAY: 7 A.M. - 5 P.M.
TUESDAY: 7 A.M. - 5 P.M.
WEDNESDAY: 7 A.M. - 5 P.M.
THURSDAY: 7 A.M. - 5 P.M.