Vision, Mission, and Beliefs
The mission of Gordon County Schools:
As a community of learners and in cooperation with stakeholders, our mission is to provide a relevant, rigorous, results-based education made possible through nurturing relationships.
Gordon County Schools’ belief statements:
- We believe that all students need an advocate.
- We believe in high expectations for all, regardless of socioeconomic status or cultural background.
- We believe all students should graduate with the knowledge and skills necessary to attain their training and career goals.
- We believe data-informed decision-making and research-based practices are key to improved performance.
- We believe students learn best in a safe, well-maintained environment.
- We believe that relationships with students and stakeholders are imperative to student success and achievement.
- We believe that, in order to get desired results, expectations should be consistent and monitored.
- We believe in maintaining qualified, caring staff.
- We believe that leadership is most effective when shared.