Introduction to Digital Technology
Introduction to Digital Technology is based on Code.org’s Computer Science Discoveries Program: https://code.org/educate/csd.
Introduction to Digital Technology/Computer Science Discoveries covers the following topics:
- problem-solving process as relating to computer science
- introductory web development (CSS and HTML) using Web Lab
- app design and development process using App Lab
- data analysis (collect, analyze, visualize, and make automated decisions using data)
- further web development (CSS and HTML) using Web Lab
Introduction to Drafting and Design
Introduction to Drafting and Design is a hands-on foundation course for the Engineering Drafting and Design Pathway. Emphasis is placed on safety, geometric construction, multi-view drawing, and fundamentals of computer-aided drafting (CAD) using industry-standard software applications.
- Demonstrate employability skills required by business and industry
- Identify the disciplines related to architectural and engineering professions.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to properly use the tools and equipment safely in the lab.
Entrepreneurship & Business Law
How do you turn an idea into a business? Experience just that in this course! Entrepreneurship focuses on recognizing a business opportunity, starting a business, operating and maintaining a business. Students will be exposed to the development of critical thinking, problem solving, and innovation in this course as they will either be the business owner or individuals working in a competitive job market in the future. Integration of accounting, finance, marketing, business management, legal and economic environments will be developed throughout projects in this course. Working to develop a business plan that includes structuring the organization, financing the organization, and managing information, operations, marketing, and human resources will be a focus in the course. Engaging students in the creation and management of a business and the challenges of being a small business owner will be fulfilled in this course.
Various forms of technologies will be used to expose students to resources and application of business principles for starting, operating and maintaining a business. Professional communication skills and practices, problem-solving, ethical and legal issues, and the impact of effective presentation skills are enhanced in this course to prepare students to be college and career ready. Employability skills are integrated into activities, tasks, and projects throughout the course standards to demonstrate the skills required by business and industry.
- Demonstrate the correct use and management of all drafting tools and supplies.
- Create technical freehand sketches.
- Demonstrate proper lettering techniques.
- Demonstrate the use of proper line types.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and drawing using the proper scale.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skill of computer operations.
- Create and dimension single view drawings while applying geometric construction.
- Utilize orthographic projection to create and dimension multi-view drawing.