For the most part I teach 10th Grade World Literature as well as Honors World Literature. This marks my 15th year of teaching, and my 13th at Sonoraville High School.
I am a graduate of Auburn University (1991) and spent many years in the business world. In 2005 I decided to leave corporate America and enter the classroom. My time in the business world taught me the value of critical thinking and problem solving, both of which have become major focal points in my classroom. I believe in encouraging students to think, to use their brains, and to embrace those habits that lead toward independence. I also believe that writing is one of the most important skills students must master in order to be successful at the college level, and much of my instructional focus is aimed toward that goal.
Since becoming a teacher, I’ve obtained an endorsement in gifted education as well as certification for teaching AP Literature and AP Language.
- 1st - 10th World Literature & Composition
- 3rd - 10th World Literature & Composition
- 4th - Honors World Literature & Composition
- 2nd - Honors World Literature & Composition
- 3rd - Honors World Literature & Composition
- 4th - 9th Honors Literature & Composition