Degrees and Certifications:
Masters in School Counseling
This is my fifth year at W. L. Swain Elementary. I am looking forward to working collaboratively with students, families, teachers, staff and the community to help every student succeed.
I am professionally qualified to work with students Kindergarten through 12th grade. I graduated from Georgia State University in 2011 with my master’s degree in School Counseling. I am also a member of the American School Counselor Association.
Gordon County School Counseling Program Beliefs
We believe effective school counseling programs:
- are for all students
- are proactive and preventative
- are competency based and goal oriented
- provide a safe place for problem solving
- help students develop into successful adults
- are an integral part of a total school program
- understand and value the students’ capabilities
- facilitate and support the reciprocal integration of curriculum
- include career, academic, personal and social domains and are age appropriate in nature
- promote a healthy school culture which is supportive and collaborative among all stakeholders
- teach life skills
Gordon County School Counseling Program Vision
The Gordon County School Counseling Program is a comprehensive, collaborative, unified system and integral part of the overall educational process. The vision of the school counseling program is to promote academic, career and social/emotional development in a proactive and preventative manner resulting in graduates ready for college, career, and life.
Gordon County School Counseling Program Mission
Our mission is to provide equitable access to a data-informed, collaborative, and comprehensive school counseling program through core curriculum, small group interventions, and individual interventions. Our program promotes positive academic, career and social/emotional development leading to growth, empowerment, and transformation for all students.