In order to attend school in the Gordon County School District, new students and their families must complete all required forms, provide the required documentation, and submit verification of the family’s address to the registrar at the school for which they are seeking enrollment. Registration packets can be obtained at each Gordon County School. Parents are encouraged to contact the school prior to arriving for registration.
AGE ELIGIBILITY for K-12 programs. Click here for PreK requirements.
Other than students specifically exempted by rule or law, the following individuals are eligible for enrollment:
- Students who have attained the age of five by September 1, unless they attain the age of 20 by September 1
- Special education students through the age of 21
ITEMS NEEDED TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION
The parent or guardian must provide:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of social security card or waiver signed by parent/guardian
- Certificate of Immunization (Form #3231)
- Eye, Ear, & Dental Certificate (Form #3300)
- Custody documents (if applicable)
- Withdrawal documentation from previous school (if applicable)
- Middle & High school students should provide transcripts including discipline records
- Current proof of residence in parent/guardian name (utility bill; rent or lease agreement)
Out-of-District & Out-of-Zone Enrollments
Gordon County Schools has divided the district into six elementary districts, two middle school districts, and two high school districts. District lines have been drawn to ensure that the proper number of students reside in each district. Students may make application for out-of-district or out-of-zone enrollment. The school principal will consider students for out-of-district enrollment based on the following conditions:
- The student has a satisfactory behavior record and is in good standing at the home school;
- The student has satisfactory academic achievement (C average or better and on grade level) at previous school;
- The student’s attendance is in compliance with the Gordon County Board of Education Attendance Policy JBD;
- The student’s parents/guardians are willing to furnish transportation to and from school in a punctual manner;
- Parents/Guardians will be required to enter into a yearly contractual agreement;
- The administration will have the discretion to enroll out-of-district students as long as the enrollment does not violate state standards and/or Board of Education policy;
- The administration will have the authority to require written documentation of residency;
- For high school students, once the student attends high school any transfer to another school without a residency change into the new high school attendance district may result in the loss of one year of varsity eligibility for interscholastic competitive activities.
Students currently enrolled in a Gordon County Schools Pre-K program will be given kindergarten registration information at the beginning of the registration window. Other students may obtain this information from the front office of any Gordon County Elementary School.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION FORMS/PACKET
Registration Forms for Gordon County Schools are provided below.
Please print and fill out all forms before physically coming to a school or central enrollment to enroll students.