Phone: 706-879-5370 ext 8305
Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Shelia Johnson
Shelia Johnson teaches Engineering Drawing and Graphic Design. She has been with Gordon County College and Career Academy since it first opened for the 2011-2012 school year. Her background in drafting began 1989 when she enrolled in Walker Technical Institute. She knew then drafting and design was where she wanted to be.
• 1990-1997 C.A.D. Specialist with Imperial Bondware, Lafayette, GA. Designing plastic disposable cups and lids.
• 1997-2001 Drafting Instructor at Ringgold High School, Ringgold, GA; Teaching students, manual drafting and AutoCAD.
• 2001-2011 Mapping Coordinator with the City of Summerville Municipality, Summerville, GA; Documenting unground utilities using AutoCAD Map, Creating graphics projects.
• 1992- Diploma, Walker Technical Institute
• 1995- Associate in Applied Technology
• 2001- Teaching Certification, Georgia State University
• 1990- National Vocational-Technical Honor Society
• 2016- College and Career Academy Teacher of the Year
• 2017- College and Career Academy Professional of the Year
" I love the learning aspect of teaching. I learn through reasearch, peers, and students. One my favorit sayings is, If you love what you do you will never have to work a day in your life." -Shelia Johnson