Pearson Data Breach Press Release
Gordon County Schools was recently notified by Pearson Clinical Assessment that, in March 2019, they became aware that an unauthorized third party gained access to a set of data related to the AIMSweb 1.0 platform, an instructional product that is used by Gordon County Schools.
Pearson indicated that the company immediately launched a review, which included outside cybersecurity experts, to determine the nature and extent of any data potentially affected. Through this review, they believe this incident occurred in or around November 2018 for data collected.
The student data affected is limited to directory information, as defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), including first and last name, and in some instances, date of birth and email address. The account administrator (staff) data affected may include first and last name, job title, work email and work address stored in the AIMSweb 1.0 platform. No grade or assessment information was affected in this incident, and the AIMSweb 1.0 platform does not contain Social Security numbers, credit card data, or other financial information.
Pearson has confirmed that the company has taken steps to secure the AIMSweb 1.0 platform and has determined that no other Pearson systems were affected. As a precautionary measure, Pearson is offering a year of free identity monitoring protection free of charge to any student or adult whose information was affected.
Gordon County Schools has made an attempt to contact each person who was impacted by letter to the last known address; however, if you feel you may have been impacted and would like more information on how to enroll in this service, see the information below.
Any questions should be directed to Pearson Clinical Assessment at 866-883-3309 or email email@example.com.
Experian Credit Monitoring Enrollment Information
Pearson takes its obligation to safeguard personal information very seriously. While we do not have any evidence that any information has been misused, we are providing you the option to enroll in a complimentary one-year membership in Experian’s® IdentityWorksSM. This product provides you with superior identity detection and resolution of identity theft.
This is a precautionary measure for those affected individuals of a recent data security incident relating to Pearson’s AIMSweb 1.0 platform.
If you are one of those affected individuals or represent an affected minor and choose to redeem this offer, you may activate your membership and start monitoring your or your minor’s personal information by following the steps below:
- Ensure that you enroll by: January 31, 2020 (Your code will not work after this date.)
- Visit the Experian IdentityWorks website to enroll and provide your activation code:
- If you are redeeming this for a minor, provide your minor’s information when prompted
You will be covered for up to 12 months.
If you have questions about the product please contact Experian’s customer care team at 866-883-3309 by January 31, 2020. Be prepared to provide engagement number DB12466 as proof of eligibility for the identity restoration services by Experian.
Additional details regarding your 12-month Experian IdentityWorks Membership:
A credit card is not required for enrollment in Experian IdentityWorks.
While we have no evidence that your data has been misused, you can contact Experian immediately should you suspect any fraud issues. Experian offers the following features once you enroll in Experian IdentityWorks for yourself or your minor:
- Identity Restoration: Identity Restoration agents are immediately available to help you address credit and non-credit related fraud.
- Experian IdentityWorks ExtendCARETM: You receive the same high-level of Identity Restoration support even after your Experian IdentityWorks membership has expired.
- Up to $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance**: Provides coverage for certain costs and unauthorized electronic fund transfers.
The following additional features are also available:
- Experian credit report at signup: See what information is associated with your credit file. Daily credit reports are available for online members only.*
- Credit Monitoring: Actively monitors Experian file for indicators of fraud.
- Social Security Number Trace: Monitoring to determine whether enrolled minors in your household have an Experian credit report. Alerts of all names, aliases and addresses that become associated with your minor’s Social Security Number (SSN) on the Experian credit report.
- Internet Surveillance: Technology searches the web, chat rooms & bulletin boards 24/7 to identify trading or selling of your personal information on the Dark Web.
If you believe there was fraudulent use of your or your minor’s information and would like to discuss how you may be able to resolve those issues, please reach out to an Experian agent at 866-883-3309. If, after discussing your situation with an agent, it is determined that Identity Restoration support is needed, then an Experian Identity Restoration agent is available to work with you to investigate and resolve each incident of fraud that occurred (including, as appropriate, helping you with contacting credit grantors to dispute charges and close accounts, assisting you in placing a freeze on your credit file with the three major credit bureaus, and assisting you with contacting government agencies to help restore your identity to its proper condition).
Please note that this Identity Restoration support is available to you for one year from the date of this letter and does not require any action on your part at this time. The Terms and Conditions for this offer are located at www.ExperianIDWorks.com/restoration. You will also find self-help tips and information about identity protection at this site.
* Offline members will be eligible to call for additional reports quarterly after enrolling
** Identity theft insurance is underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. (AIG). The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions