Return to Headlines

Free School Meals for the Whole School Year

Calhoun, GA: Gordon County Schools (GCS) announces that school meals will be free to all students during the 2021-2022 school year.

GCS students will receive two meals a day—breakfast and lunch—at no cost. No Free & Reduced applications are required this year.

Students will still have the option to purchase additional helpings of meal items as well as snack and beverage items. All snack and beverage items meet the USDA’s Smart Snack Standards.

Parents and guardians may still utilize the SchoolCafé software to put funds in their student’s account for extra helpings and snacks. SchoolCafé is online at or downloadable from GooglePlay or Apple store.

Please contact the School Nutrition Office at 706-625-0786 for additional information.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Nondiscrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)fax: (202) 690-7442; or