Over the last two years, Gordon County Schools has been able to provide nutritious meals at no cost to our students or families due to the USDA waivers associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. These federal waivers have enabled Gordon County Schools to:
- Provide free breakfast and lunch to all students in all GCS schools
- Provide free meal bags to anyone age 18 or younger when schools were closed
These waivers expired June 30, 2022, as Congress did not extend the USDA's authority for the waivers. Gordon County School Nutrition Program will resume its meal program as it was prior to COVID-19. Families should plan on the following for the next school year:
- Breakfast will still be served at no cost to all students.
- School lunch meals should be paid for in advance or at the time of purchase.
2022-2023 Student Meal Prices:
- Breakfast: $0.00 (No Cost for all Gordon County Schools Students.
- Elementary Grades: $2.50 per meal
- Secondary Grades (Grades 6-12): $2.65 per meal
Families are encouraged to complete the School Benefit Form (Free or Reduced Meals) to determine eligibility for the 2022-2023 school year. The Free or Reduced Meal Applications will be live starting today, July 1st!
Families have a choice of how and where to complete their application
- Get a paper application here at www.gcbe.org/mealapplication or from any school in the Gordon County school system; OR
- Go to www.schoolcafe.com to complete an online application; OR
- Download the SchoolCafé mobile app from The App Store or Google Play and submit your application on the app.
Find more information about the Free and Reduced Meal Application, visit www.gcbe.org/mealapplication
Thank you for your understanding as we adjust our program based on federal funding.